Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New and Emerging Technologies

Throughout this course, we examined many types of technology that can be used in the classroom. Some are very practical and can be implemented immediately, and some are beneficial, but need more development or a change in administrative thinking before implementation.

The learning activity that I developed was an online learning module. Through the course, I learned ways to effectively implement the module, and structure it so that it meets the needs of each student, even if the students' needs vary greatly. As assessment proved to be most difficult for me to implement, an approach that requires mastery before advancement works well.

In order to continue to discover emerging technologies, I have become much closer with fellow faculty members that stay on the cutting edge in our school for new technologies. They are able to suggest not only new technologies for me to investigate, but also recommend sources for information about other technologies. They read current journals and websites and blogs, and will prove to be invaluable for helping me continue to find ground-breaking technology for my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment